A robust, state-of-the-art supply-chain management (SCM) system is a must for any business, small or large, whose focus is on supply chain (e.g., retail, logistics, distribution). SCM software provides full visibility of all elements of your chain, automates processes at all stages, and makes procurement much easier. In other words, SCM provides the right product or service at the right time and for the lowest cost.
As your business grows, your existing SCM system may not keep up with new challenges. Using modern custom SCM solutions with all the power of artificial intelligence (AI), mixed reality (the technology that allows for the combination of virtual tools, 3D objects, and physical objects to create a more engaging experience), and the Internet of things to expand the company’s capabilities and stand out in the competition is a timely decision.
Imagine how incorporating smart technologies into your SCM system can enhance efficiency, drive growth, and give your business a competitive edge.
How Cloud-Based Systems Are Driving the Supply Chain
Traditional server infrastructures mean expensive maintenance and lost productivity during downtimes, but there is always a backup with cloud services. Cloud technology makes it easier for supply-chain managers to remotely access information, manage it more effectively, and make better-informed decisions. Most of all, cloud-computing solutions help to store huge amounts of data without investing in expensive hardware. Other great benefits of cloud technology include
- Accessibility: If your supply chain covers multiple countries and time zones, it is crucial to use a synchronized management system. Cloud-based SCM software enable remote teams and partners to collaborate and access important data in real time.
- Analytics: Cloud-based analytic tools can process large amounts of data from various sources, such as customer orders, supplier data, and production data, to provide valuable insights to inform decision making.
- Automatic updates: Cloud-based SCM systems can be automatically updated with the latest features and security patches, reducing the need for manual updates and minimizing the risk of system downtime.
- Cost-effectiveness: Cloud technology eliminates the need for large upfront investments in hardware and infrastructure, and it allows businesses to pay for only the resources they need and when they need them, making it more cost-effective.
- Flexibility: Cloud-based solutions can be easily customized and integrated with other systems, which allows businesses to adapt to changing requirements and stay competitive.
- Improved data security: Modern cloud-based SCM software provide enhanced security, identity and access management, encrypted connections, and data centers to protect all your business information and quickly restore it in the event of a disaster or outage.
- Hybrid integration: Cloud-based SCM systems are designed to integrate with on-premises systems and other cloud services, allowing companies to take a hybrid approach that best suits their needs.
- Scalability: Cloud-based SCM software can be easily scaled up or down to meet changing business needs, without upgrading expensive IT infrastructure.
If you’re looking to improve your supply-chain operations, consider using PieSoft’s cloud-based solutions. Our experts can help you enhance real-time inventory management, logistics optimization, and advanced analytics to drive growth and efficiency. Experience the benefits firsthand by trying our services.
Innovating SCM: The Impact of Intelligent Automation
Every modern supply chain has a vast treasure trove of data that can unlock insight into complex global supply networks. By harnessing a combination of technologies like AI, machine learning, robotic process automation, and predictive analytics, companies can automate warehouse operations, improve delivery times, proactively manage inventory, optimize strategic sourcing relationships, and create new customer experiences that increase satisfaction and boost sales.
Using algorithms and predictive methods, companies can parse through larger data sets and garner insights at a granular level—all with little to no human intervention.
Robots, used to move goods and materials, have long played a role in the supply chain. As AI technologies push robots to higher levels of sophistication, machines will be assigned many manual tasks now owned by humans, like picking and packing orders.
AI and machine learning are helping to significantly improve the precision and mobility of industrial robots while aiding in safety, allowing for a new generation of collaborative robots to work not in separate safety zones but alongside humans.
Blockchain in Custom SCM systems: Track and Trace
Blockchain technology has the potential to provide significant benefits to custom SCM. Although it is a brand-new concept, why not pioneer it? By creating an immutable record of transactions, blockchain can track the provenance of goods and establish trust in shared supplier information, especially when the parties have competing agendas and don’t particularly engender trust. Blockchain can establish an audit trail that is far more effective than traditional methods like email or electronic records. As a result, blockchain’s biggest potential is for facilitating track-and-trace applications that help companies document the chain of goods custody. Doing so can prevent leakage, help identify counterfeit items and fraud, pinpoint at-risk suppliers, demonstrate that regulatory requirements are being met, and create transparency around sourcing.
Optimizing SCM Efficiency: From RFID to IoT
Radiofrequency identification technology (RFID) is a powerful tool for improving SCM operations. RFID tags and scanners automatically gather and transmit highly accurate data, which improve productivity and materials handling inside and outside the warehouse environment. This technology enables real-time information visibility, allowing supply-chain managers to quickly identify, locate, and determine the status of an order or existing asset. However, RFID is just the beginning when it comes to utilizing technology to improve SCM.
The IoT elevates custom SCM by connecting objects and data in new and powerful ways. IoT leads to profound changes in SCM systems by providing accurate inventory forecasting, smart machinery maintenance, materials and productions quality control, and warehouse monitoring. Automated data gathering and real-time status updates provide useful analytics and decision-making power for your business.
PieSoft can help you harness the power of IoT technology to revolutionize your SCM operations. Our cutting-edge solutions are designed to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve your bottom line. We offer a wide range of IoT services, including RFID technology solutions, that can help you improve inventory forecasting, enhance machinery maintenance, and monitor warehouse conditions in real-time. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to stay ahead of the competition. Contact us today to learn how we can help you take your SCM to the next level.
Reduce the costs and boost the efficiency of your SCM software using modern technologies that automate processes and reduce the element of human error. PieSoft can help transform your legacy software to a cutting-edge solution empowered by the latest technologies or build a new one from scratch. We know all about emerging technologies in SCM.