The Customer approached PieSoft requesting development of a web application that will function as a universal web-tool with a view to gathering initial information about patients, checking their insurance eligibility and transferring patients to a proper company
In order to realize the goals set by the Customer, it was decided to actualize the application development around the following functions:
- collecting initial information about the patient;
- obtaining patient insurance data based on initial information;
- insurance eligibility verification;
- identifying suitable company for patient based on insurance and products;
- transferring patient to the company system.
In addition, one of key features of the platform is the integration with numerous third part services, such as InternalSite, ITSM, Gitlab – WebHooks, Google Geocoding API.
The web application is Java 8 EE based. The following technologies and frameworks were used: jQuery, Bootstrap, Admin LTE, JSON, AJAX, Spring MVC, Thymeleaf, Hibernate. AmazonAurora DB is used for data storage. The platform uses multiple Amazon services, such AWS ElasticBeanstalk, ElasticCache, Amazon S3, AmazonAurora DB, AmazonDynamo DB.